Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

# 0049: When Other Moms Love Being Moms

I'm not the most positive, upbeat, outgoing person all the time, but I love when other people are! I love other people's zeal they have for their… jobs, interests, lives, whatever- !!!
I recently met an ice skating coach whose smile seemed to exude ice skating enthusiasm, enough for everyone on the ice, really.
I will never forget a lactation consultant I had in the hospital who acted as if my breast milk was made of solid gold or better yet- OIL! It was plain to see she loved what she was doing and wanted to share that with everyone else.
It seems like speaking ill and sarcastically about our families, especially the ones closest to us is the "cool thing" to do anymore. We've seen it on TV for years; parents who can't wait to get away from their kids, wives who disrespect their husbands. We could probably spend a month researching and discussing some of this at length, going off on tangent after tangent.


All I want to say here is that I love talking with other moms who love being moms. They realize what a blessing and responsibly parenting is and they relish it! I love talking with moms who feel blessed in some way everyday no matter what. It's encouraging to visit with moms who strive for a successful home life, a healthy family in all the ways, but especially relationally. It's great to see another mom smile at her child; a relaxed, joyful smile.
We can talk about what's wrong with this world all day long. We can gripe about our days and complain about how hard things are, but so can everybody else. Our problems don't make us unique. It's our attitudes that make us. Period. I love being around other parents
that love what their doing in the lives of their little ones.

Here's a book you might find encouraging:
Motherhood: An Awesome Calling 

No comments:

Post a Comment